Frequently Asked Questions
What are my options in small business healthcare?Open or Close
For a small business, there are mainly three options now when providing health insurance.
If you don't want to provide any specific solution, you can leave your employees to use the federal exchange (healthcare.gov). You'll still have to pay your employees extra (taxed), which they'll use to pay for their new Obamacare.
You can also choose to sign up with the state of Utah's sponsored "Avenue H" exchange. They provides 70 plans spanning 3 carriers, which can be confusing. You pay a set tax-deductible amount towards their choices. Your employees pay their portion pre-taxed out of their pay-check. Your employees will be on their own to select a plan and carrier.
Utah Private Health Exchange
The third option would be to sign up with Utah Private Health Exchange. You pay a set tax-deductible amount towards their choices. Your employees pay their portion pre-taxed right out of their pay-check. You choose up to 5 plans and up to 3 networks in a private health exchange utilizing Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah. One carrier, one broker. Unparalleled direct support for you and your business with all your insurance needs.
How does Utah Private Health Exchange work?Open or Close
Is this an agent? A broker? A government agency? How does it work?Open or Close
Why have a broker? That has to cost more, right?Open or Close
- Comes to your business and presents to your team on health insurance, it's options and answers questions.
- Sits down with each one of your employees to help select the best plan, even assisting with the paperwork.
- Helps you through future changes in your policy, such as adding a new dependent.
- Answers your questions regarding the policy, what it covers and how to get the most out of your plan.
- Works directly, daily, on your behalf with Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah, with an additional two-hour appointment the third Tuesday of every month sitting one-on-one with their underwriting team.
I already have another agent/broker, can I switch? How hard is it?Open or Close
I want to make sure I'm compliant with the new laws, will Utah PHE satisfy that?Open or Close
What size of company works best with Utah Private Health Exchange?Open or Close